The reason why I don’t list my prices on my website and don’t send them out by email
Let me start by saying that I’ve tried just about every possible formula over the years, from “classic” wedding photography packages to some far-fetched ideas such as the “enchanted wonderland” package.
I can say that through the years, I’ve had some good and some very bad ideas (the “enchanted wonderland” package falling in the latter category)… When I first started, I had the gall to copy my colleagues’ prices from their websites because I really had no idea on how to calculate the value of the services I offered.
All of this has greatly changed and after so many years of shooting weddings, I realized that what is needed is the “right” price, meaning the price that is fair to both the photographer and to the couple in regards to their specific needs.
The photographer is the person who spends a lot—if not the most, time with the couple on their wedding day: getting ready, the ceremony, official photos, the reception dinner, dancing, etc. If you don’t get along or feel comfortable with your photographer, things can be awkward or difficult. Even if your photos turn out beautifully, you don’t really want to be reminded of those feelings when you look at your photos down the road. That’s the main reason that I want to meet with the couple before and not simply email my price list: It has to "click".
And then, I prefer to discuss your wishes, actual schedule and budget in order to give you a price that works for both parties. Pre-established packages rarely fit the particulars.
My prices are reasonable and competitive and I have the expertise and experience to offer outstanding service. I also offer solid guarantees and I adhere to a strict code of ethics based on respect and confidence. I am fully insured—equipment and public liability, so no worries there.
It boils down to this: I am a professional who offers a complete service and who understands how important your wedding day is to you as a couple. It’s a day that you share with your loved ones and I respect all aspects of your day. I understand that my work is to produce impeccable photos of that special day that you will cherish for a long time.
I'm looking forward to meet you in person!
Claude Brazeau MAP troisième barre (Maître des arts photographiques) est un photographe de mariage et portraitiste d’Ottawa qui a remporté plusieurs prix. Il est membre du PPOC (Professional Photographers of Canada) et détient des accréditations dans quinze catégories. Parmi les prix reçus, il y a entre autres :
- PPA Bronze medalist portrait PPA Northern Central 2016
- Canadian Best in Class Portrait 2016
- Finalist Canadian Commercial of the Year 2015
- International - Bronze Medalist 2014 PPA (Professional Photographers of America)
- Canada – Best in Class Portrait 2014
- Ontario – Photographe portraitiste de l’année – 2010, 2011 et 2013
- Ontario – Meilleure photo dans la catégorie portrait
- Ontario – Meilleure photo dans la catégorie ‘Beaux-Arts
- Ontario – Préférée du juge
- Ontario – Préférée du public
- Ontario – Meilleure photo dans la catégorie ‘Photo de mariage de style photojournaliste’
- Canada – Meilleure photo dans la catégorie ‘Photo de mariage de style photojournaliste’
Pour plus de renseignements au sujet du PPOC, du MAP, des accréditations et prix www.ppoc.ca